In what will hopefully become a regular feature, we here at the CH/FG Food Co-op Blog (whew! we’re going to need a shorter moniker) will look to highlight some co-op and general food news from around the country. It will hopefully give a glimpse into the world of other co-ops and maybe shine some light on some best practices or issues other groups are facing.
• Just Local Food, a food co-op in Eau Claire, Wisc., has recently been the recipient of some fantastic fundraising from a group of local students, an anonymous 98-year-old customer, farmers and other locals. (The Leader Telegram).
• A Park Slope Food Co-op patron made a seemingly unlikely connection with a fellow customer. (Ask Rotoman).
• A patron of a Greensboro, N.C. food co-op details the revelation she made during her shift at Deep Roots Market.
• The New Zealand Herald explores ways to spend less on a family’s grocery bill. One of the suggestions is to seek out a local food co-op. (New Zealand Herald).
• A large co-op in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada hit record sales in 2007 (The Moose Jaw Times).
As a reminder, we always need your help with the blog! If you have any links you want included in the roundup or anything else you’d like covered, give us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.